Friday, June 3, 2011

Week Three


Hello! Time here is flying by.  I simply cannot believe that I am at the end of my third week, and halfway through my stay here.  I don't want this time to end so soon!

I don't have too many exciting things to post today.  But I'll try my best to keep you entertained.  On Tuesday you probably could not find me anywhere if you tried to.  I holed myself up in the library literally all day and got a lot of the homework done that I had been avoiding.  Go figure, just as I got it caught up, I have more to do.  I think I'll probably be back in the library soon!

Wednesday was not a fun day.  My poor roommate Caitlin got the very bad news that her grandmother was suddenly in the hospital in critical condition.  She died the same day, and Caitlin flew home early Thursday morning.  Thankfully her mom's friend works for American Airlines, and got her a cheap flight as well as a returning flight to London.  She'll be back next Wednesday in time to go to Ireland with us.  I feel so terribly for her though, I'm sure it's not easy nor will it get any easier.  Maybe if you think about it, say a little prayer for her and her family.  

Yesterday Alex, John, and I walked to Hyde Park to see the Peter Pan statue and the Prince Albert Memorial.  It was a good day to do it, I think it was all of 70 degrees! Woo! 


Notice I figured out how to rotate my pictures! Thank you Aunt Angie!

Today Alex and I went to Covent Garden where the Pineapple Dance studios are.  We shopped around a bit. Okay, I looked around a bit.  Haha, I may be in London, but I am still such a tight wad with my money.  I want to buy myself something nice from here, but I just didn't find anything today.  The class we took though was amazing.  It was a crazy random happenstance that we ended up with the same teacher from the class we took the first week, Mandy Montanez.  I enjoyed it much more this time however, it was a bit more challenging and we really got some good choreography in.  It was so nice to sweat a bit and move!

Here are some pictures of things I see when I run in Regents Park.  I really love the park, I wish I could bring it home with me. 






The fancy gate is the entrance to Queen Mary's Rose Garden, and you can see the roses in the one below it. The next is of a fancy house that I can see when I run along the canal, which I absolutely love.  There are all sorts of boats in this one area, its very picturesque. The brick area is the entrance to the canals from the street.  The blue bridge and the waterfall with the swan are some of my favorite areas in Regents. And here, Ladies and Gents, is one of my favorite pictures I have taken here so far. 
I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment