Saturday, June 25, 2011

Good Friday, and Wimbledon

Our last Friday in London certainly came too quickly.  I spent the day finishing up some last minute souvenir shopping, walking around Regent's Park, and packing up. We also went out to Picadilly, and had a good night celebrating our trip. I think I'll miss the park more than anything else here. It has been a pleasure to walk, run, and simply live within.  In fact, while my roommates are gone at the Glee show this afternoon, I think I'll walk through it again just to say my own goodbye. Sad day. 




This morning we woke up, after much prodding of Caitlin's sleepy self, and made the long tube ride to Wimbledon. When I woke her up at 8:00, our original plan, and said "Don't you want to go to Wimbledon?" She responded by rolling over and saying "NOPE!". Silly girl, she didn't even remember it when I woke her up again at 9:00.  I guess she needed that extra hour. It's okay, I did too. 


But at Wimbledon, holy cow! It was sooo crowded. The queue was GINORMOUS.  And everyone was very very dressed up for a sporting event.  It certainly was no cardinals game, where you go in your jersey or tank top and a baseball cap.  I couldn't see much though, but I did try to get a few good pics. 




And now, I'm going to go buy a samosa from the tube station and walk around a bit. We're getting our last fish n'chips tonight from the Albany, our favorite pub.  I really do not want to leave. Not that I don't want to see people, but I love it here. I guess my consolation is that I know I will be back, eventually! (When my bank account is replenished!)

I guess this is probably going to be my last post until I get back state side. Thank you for reading my blog. I hope I never bored you.  I'm not sure if I'll keep it up once I'm back or not.  It is a lot of work, honestly.  But I do enjoy it.  Is my life interesting enough when I'm not going to fantastic places???

Anyway.  Thank you! I hope you see you all when I'm back in Illinois!  I'll be landing at 6:19 p.m. on Sunday. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are having an amazing trip! I am writing to let you know I added a print option on my blog. You recently asked about printing an oatmeal recipe. You are not the first person who asked and I finally figured out how to get a print option. :-) Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete