Thursday, June 23, 2011

Court!

I went to court yesterday... Why? not because I was in trouble with the law. Rather, I watched a trial of someone else, who was absolutely in trouble with the law. He stabbed someone in a Tube station for revenge. I would say he's probably not a nice person. Guess what? Lawyers, or barristers, and judges in the UK still wear wigs like they would have a few centuries ago.  I kind of felt like I was in the Wizengamot Court in the Ministry of Magic, for those of you who know Harry Potter.  
The exterior certainly looks daunting, right?

Today Caitlin and I went on a self-guided tour of the places in Lsondon that can be seen in the Harry Potter movies. We didn't even finish it all, because I needed to get back to finish up a paper, but it was a nice way to go through and see some of the typical London sites one more time before I leave.  We also walked through quite a few little alleyways and passed a lot of really old buildings and neat sites.  I say really old buildings like it's a big deal... Every building here is really old. Ha. 

I promise to post pictures of the walk later, for those of you who are as nerdy as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment