Thursday, June 9, 2011

List Making: British-isms, Addition Three

21) British people do not use crutches that go under one's armpits.  Rather, they have braces that attach to the forearm.  It really is very peculiar, but I bet they don't get the horrible bruises on their ribs.  My friend in high school would have really benefited from British crutches! She had the worst bruises ever.
22) Everyone wears pantyhose.  Even young girls.  If you're wearing a skirt, you're wearing hose or tights.  I'm glad I brought a pair of black dance tights.  They definitely help keep me warm, but also I don't stick out so badly!
23) British coffee tastes like poo.  I credit this to their lack of taste buds and hate of condiments.  I want some creamer and sugar, please!
24) British boys love American girl's accents just as much as American girls love British boy's accents. Ha.
25) British people love American teeth.  I have received more compliments about how straight and white my teeth are.  Which is hilarious, as I have never thought of my teeth as pretty or white.  
26) They also love American music.  If you go to a pub  in London I guarantee you hear Summer of '69, Sweet Home Alabama, and the Backstreet Boys amongst others.  They also play current American pop music, like anything by the Black Eyed Peas or Taio Cruz or Jason Derulo.  Kind of funny, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment