Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I finished the last of my finals today at noon, and since have been packing up my belongings, organizing my life, and of course watching "Grey's Anatomy."  I have to move my stuff the my apartment across the complex for next year, go shopping for some London attire, and pack London necessities before I make my trek across the pond. Is it silly of me that I wonder if my Netflix will work over there, so I can continue with my season? It is an addiction my friend, perhaps I should think of this trip as an intervention?


It is a little surreal to me that in nine days, I will be on a plane flying across the ocean.  I honestly believe I am more nervous for the flight than anything else.  I have very little experience with flying or planes.  The most extensive experience I have was a one-way flight to Destin, Florida, my freshmen year of high school. Luckily I'll have some friends with me to remind me to breath!

Speaking of friends, I will be rooming in the dorms at Regents College with Alex, a girl that I have known for years, and Caitlin (Alex's current roommate). I completely and utterly lucked out when it came to this, I did not even know they were planning on studying abroad when I applied to go.  It is little coincidences like this that make this trip seem like such a brilliant idea.

You can see photos of the rooms at Regents here:  http://www.bacl.ac.uk/accommodation/college_managed_housing/reid_hall.aspx

If I do say so myself, they seem like a step up from the rooms of West Hall at Webster's home campus... Just sayin'

And so I will leave you right now with those lovely photos.  I am off to do grown up things like balance my checkbook and wrap my fragile glass coasters in Walmart bags so they do not break in the move.  Wish me luck these next couple of days. I have a lot of packing, planning, and getting ready to do!

2 comments:

  1. I am sososo jealous. A) because you're going. B) because your dorm rooms look way nicer than my Paris ones. Although I at least had my own bathroom. And I'm sad that I can't help you pack. Or go with you. You're going to have so much fun, it's going to be ridiculous. I wish I could go again...Since you're going to Europe 3 years after I went, I vote that in another 3 years (so that we have time to save) we go again. The girls. The boys too I guess if they want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joselyn, You are in my thoughts,as I'm wondering where, over the ocean, my granddaughter is tonight. Have no idea how long it takes to fly to London or when you are due to arrive. Thought maybe you had your flight schedule posted. It has only taken me all day trying to get logged in to this blog site. Finally emailed your folks for the address & after 3 or 4 tries succeded. Have a great vacation. Study hard, learn lots & keep us posted along the way. Love you lots, Grandma Simms

    ReplyDelete